Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I think I have too many shoes.

In an effort to buy fewer pairs of shoes, I've decided to embark on a "shoe appreciation project". Every day, I will post a pair of shoes, and their story.

This blog will of course involve some other things, so I hope everyone sticks around to see it. Dr. Michelle will be introducing herself soon.

So, without further ado, the first pair:

Marni, S/S08

Why is this pair first? This is the pair of shoes that really got me interested in designer shoes. I saw these on sale, and thought they looked ridiculous. Therefore, my first instinct was to put them on. As soon as I put them on, they looked incredible, like no other shoe I had ever tried on before. (I think this speaks to the magic of Marni shoes, because this happens often with Marni shoes- something changes when you put them on).

Anyway, I was hooked. I had to have them. But even on sale, they were totally out of reach. So that's where they were left, on the sale rack. I frantically searched on ebay, and last November saw them for a reasonable price, but still couldn't afford them. Finally, a month ago, I contacted the seller. Lucky for me- she had never sold the pair! She gave them to me for an absolute steal- it was a shoe miracle, pretty much exactly one year after I first saw them.

No comments:

Post a Comment